Sunday, August 30, 2009

Begin At The Beginning

Well it had to happen. In my literary career, I have gone from writing books to editing a magazine, back to writing books, then hosting a radio show that has run off and on over the last 20 years and which can still be heard nightly at (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Ken-Hudnall) and now a blog. It seems that I spend more time behind the computer than I do anything else. But everyone has to do something.


I was doing a terrestrial radio show on a station that just can't make up its mind what it wants to be when it grows up. The staff believes that it is brilliant when in actuality, they are like kids playing on the school playground and the class nerd now has the power to be the school yard bully. In a lame attempt to be a purist (a politically correct term for racist), the former nerd who now thinks that he is in charge wants the radio shows on the station to all be in his image. In his view, I was not the correct color and I am also disabled which raises issues that already has the station's parent corporation in trouble, thus I was shown the door. But more about that later.


On my blogtalkradio.com show, my audience is now over 60,000 listeners world wide and no one is trying to be the boss, while lacking a clue as to what to do. The topics are still unsolved mysteries, lost treasures and the paranormal, which were laughed at by the nerd. In future postings, I will start to give the dirt on the situation vis a vis the radio station as well as who is pulling the strings at this so-called user of the "public" airwaves. In the meantime, listen to The Ken Hudnall Show from 6-9:00 PM each evening (mountain time). Monday through Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment